Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am so lucky to have a bunch of great friends, and I don't mean friends that come and go but the kind if friends that you have all your life. The kind that are there for you all the way, and living here in the US meant leaving all my good friends behind (as well as my family but that's another story) in England, and they are a great bunch. But one day I was in the local post office and heard an English accent, and I was next in the line so I tapped this lady (who was the owner of the accent) on the shoulder and said "hello, its good to hear another English accent around here". And that's how I met one of my best friends. It wasn't that she was English it was more that we are on the same level and we have been firm friends ever since.

A few months ago she asked me to make her daughters wedding cake, I jumped at the chance but oh lord did I stress over it. I wanted to make it, but I was so terrified of not being able to pull it off I actually lost sleep over it. After all to let her down was not going to be an option.

Well this is what I made. Its a white vanilla cake with a white chocolate ganache butter cream, and white vanilla fondant. I made the roses from gumpaste.


7 comments:

Tulip said...

Hi Chris,
I love your cake, the roses are wonderful, in this photo you can't appreciate the delicate patten over the cake but that's very clever too! I'm sure Helen and her daughter were over the moon with it?!

Greta said...

Oh my Chris! The cake is just beautiful & I bet it tasted as good as it looks. I'm sure your friend & her daughter loved it. x

Nic said...

That cake is a beauty! Well done Chris.

Marie Rayner said...

Chris, that cake is a real beauty. You did a fabulous job on it. I know how you feel. I long to hear a Canadian Accent sometimes and news of home. I do love England and it's people though and enjoy living here. It's like my heart and feet lay spread over two countries!

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

How lucky Chris...it seems that the best people we meet in life are at unexpected turns :)

That cake looks a lot like 'love'.

Tulip said...

You haven't blogged since June...come on tell me all about what is happening at your end...tis the season to be cooking, what with your garden full of produce and all!!!
Surely you've recovered from the wedding by now...not even YOU can drink that much? LOL

Amynicole said...

That cake is absolutely beautiful! You are very talented, my dear!